a day in the life

of a wife and mother

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!!

Happy New Years to all!! I hope that this year brings happiness for everyone.

I am in a way glad to see 2005 gone. It has been trying years in some ways and now it is over..actually the trying part was over before the holidays..but now I can say it is a clean slate for 2006 and I know that the same mistakes won't be made.

We didn't do much of anything for New Year's. My niece and her daughter came for dinner and then we watched a movie..oh and played Nickel0de0n trivial pursuit. I would have to say that I suck just as much at that game as I do the regular versions. haha The hubby and I did stay up with the kids to ring in the new year together and we had some non-alcoholic champagne for them to celebrate with. I have a feeling that this is the last year that the oldest will probably celebrate with us..oh no I guess he will for a couple of more years because he will still have a 10:30 curfew..sucks to be him!! haha

I am glad that the holidays are behind us..we have been going nonstop since Tuesday because my nephew was home for the week. We did a little too much drinking on Tuesday night and I had to work on Wednesday..thank goodness I had Thursday and Friday off on vacation and we have Monday off for our holiday so a nice 5 day weekend for me!! I love when the Christmas holidays fall this way..it means an extra day off of work.

The oldest has been sick since Wednesday..the horrid flu..today he finally was running a normal temp and eating more. I feel bad because his Christmas vacation sucked since he was stuck in bed for most of it, but he will survive. Only two more days and they get to go back to school and I think in a way we are all dreading it. I really enjoy getting up in the morning to a quiet house and not having to get anyone ready but me..kind of selfish..since I know that this is really the last year the Riley is going to let me help her pick her clothes out. It scares me some days when she dresses herself..she is such a tomboy and always borrows her brothers t-shirts and then she ends up looking like a boy. Oh well what are ya going to do!! haha

Well my main reason for posting was to say Happy New Year and than I just ended up rambling about nothing..oh well. I guess I will get heading to bed since the whole excitement for the new year is over.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy New Year. Hope your son is feeling better soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home