a day in the life

of a wife and mother

Thursday, June 02, 2005

no title

Over the weekend I had written up a whole bunch of stuff while I was in
email and then I put the wrong address down and lost it all and just haven't
really been on much to redo it all.

Memorial weekend was really nice..just bummed around a little, did a little
housecleaning, and enjoyed the time off from work. Saturday my dad, niece,
and I went to the cemetery to put the urns out for my mom..the cemetery is
one place I really dislike going to..I don't go there very often which some
people think is just awful..but I think you need to do what feels right to
you. I do talk to my mom often when I am alone, but just can't bring myself
to go to the cemetery to do that.

Memorial day was my moms birthday..she would have been 62. She was so
young..only 49 when she passed away..and has missed so many great things
since she has been gone. I find the month of May to be very depressing
still after 13 years and my poor dad you can always tell when the days get
closer to the day she passed because he gets kind of moody and has since the
first year she was gone..it is sad still.

Yesterday was Ryan's 5th grade graduation party at school, so I took the day
off on vacation so that I could help out with it. They got to have pizza,
play games, and then were given sharpies so that they could have all of
there friends sign there tshirts. It was a great afternoon and beautiful
weather. And tomorrow is the last day of school...YEA!!

1 Comments:

  • At 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh I am sorry to hear about your mom. I can relate as I to have lost my mom but it was 18 yrs ago. She was only 61. Like yours my mom did not get to see my children. Glad that you still have your dad as I just lost mine a few days before Memorial Day which is also my bday.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home