a day in the life

of a wife and mother

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Going away!!

So tomorrow morning I am leaving to go to Illinois for the weekend...I am so excited I get to see both of my sisters!! My sisters and I have become extremely close since our mom passed away..not that we weren't close before but we are even closer now..it just really sucks that we all live in different states.

My nephew receives his first communion on saturday, so my dad, niece, nephew, Riley and I are all leaving in the morning and not coming back until Monday afternoon. The boys aren't real happy with me since they don't get to come along, but because of the gas prices we decided that it was best just to take one vehicle so there is only so much room..but ya know they will get over it!! Plus Tim has to work on saturday and the boys are old enough to take care of themselves for the time he is at work and have a teenager and a pre-teen we all know that they will end up sleeping for half of the day anyway.

Today after work Riley, Ryan, and a couple of the neighbor kids went to the park that is only a couple of blocks away from our house and Riley took a nose dive off of the monkey bars. Ryan rode his bike back to get us because her nose was bleeding..when Tim walked in with her there was blood everywhere it was awful..once I finally got her calmed down enough to clean her up it of course was not as bad as it had looked but still bad. Her little nose was all swollen and she has a nice fat lip with a few little scrapes inside her upper lip where I am sure that her teeth hit. I told her that her aunts are going to think I punched her...which finally made her laugh and calm down more. No matter how old your kids are when they get hurt it hurts you.

Well I should get going to bed so that I am refreshed in the morning to start out the drive.

Later...

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home