a day in the life

of a wife and mother

Sunday, July 11, 2004

I guess it has been awhile!!

I have been trying to get the time to atleast post something but just have not found the time.

Last weekend was so busy with the 4th of July happenings that I did not make it on to post anything. Friday we went down to the bandshell and watched my dad in the passing of the colors..which I thought was really neat to watch and then we walked home..Tim and the kids went down later to watch the fireworks from there and my dad came over to our house so him and I just sat outside and watched them from here. Saturday we did fireworks at our house and had a nailpainting party with red, white, and blue polish of course!! I painted flags on my nails and then got creative with Riley's..they are so cool though. On the 4th we went to the parade and then down where they were having all of the festivities and got our fill of junk food and later went back down to watch the fireworks. Riley who is almost 9 watched fireworks outside with all of us for the first time..we would usually just go sit in a parking lot near where they were doing the fireworks and she would sit in the car the whole time..but not this year..she braved it with us. So needless to say there was not much time for posting.

It has just been nuts at work this week..which of course always happens after a holiday. The girl that does payroll was on vacation so I got stuck taking care of her job and mine for part of the week. I use to do payroll and then switched to a different position 3 years ago..now I know why I switched!! haha

My sister was in town this weekend so I had my dad, sister, niece, and great niece over for supper..Riley and I made lasagna and dinner rolls. She just loves to help me cook when she can and I have learned to have patience. I am kind of a control freak and want to do things my way..but I have to just chill and let her help because it is wonderful quality time for the two of us.

Hopefully I'll get my stuff together and start posting more regularly..but I guess we will see!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home