a day in the life

of a wife and mother

Monday, June 21, 2004

The monday after

Well we had Kim and Neal's going away party on saturday night. I think all that attended had a good time, I know my alcoholic family had a blast!! My sister and her five kids were all there which was great because we don't always get the five of them together at one time. So they all played poker and got a little tuned..it just kept the night interesting. My nephew brought a friend with him and this kid is just like Nick..so scary!!

Sunday I went over to Kim's parents house to say my final goodbye to them and that was so hard. Her mom had all she could do to not cry and I thought I was doing super until I gave Kim a hug and then we both lost it..I swore I was ok with it until that point. So, I gave her another big hug, gave Neal a hug, and then I had to leave because I couldn't watch her say goodbye to her parents and her dad told me that we were making him get tears in his eyes. So hopefully I will hear from her soon, they are taking a week to drive to California and do some sightseeing on the way so I'm sure it won't be until next weekend, but I can't wait to talk to her.

Well I suppose I should get back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home